Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Why I Did It

Why I Did It
I sit at my keyboard writing countless articles on budgeting, planning, money management, and investing. I don’t know who will read the article. I don’t know if the person reading the article will understand what I am saying and use the advice given.
Then one day the following email was sent to me – Please read:
Hi Joanne,I never really paid attention to my finances, and I didn't think too much about the importance of saving, investing, and having a retirement plan, even life insurance. Many people need to take heed to their lives and children's future. I'm now 31 and a year ago it hit me that neither my future, nor my child's future has been secured. Sometimes you have to constantly put it out there for people to finally get it. There needs to be an attraction to open people minds and eyes on how important this stuff is. Most people, as myself, wait until they get that wake up call (faced in a crisis) to see. Well, I thank God that he has opened my mind and eyes. I thank God for a person like you who established an opportunity to educate us. You're drawing attraction by posting and sending out information constantly to show what's important. God Bless you.
This was my response:
Your comments have reassured me that I need to keep posting and sending out information. Your feedback lets me know that you GOT IT! Now I know that my efforts are not in vain. If I can reach 1 person and they tell others, then I have accomplished what I set out to do.

No comments: